Source : TESSA
Teaching early reading in Africa with African Storybook is a course that introduces you to active teaching approaches that you can use to teach early reading. You will have the opportunity to practise new approaches in your classroom in a structured and supported way. This course should open up possibilities for your teaching and gives you the confidence to experiment with new approaches. It provides ideas and tools that will enable you to become more expert in the field of early reading.
Teaching early reading in Africa is developed by The Open University's Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA) programme in partnership with the South African Institute of Distance Education (SAIDE)'s African Storybook Initiative.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course you will have:
- been introduced to practical active teaching strategies to support early reading
- developed an understanding of some methods for teaching early reading
- thought about how to assess early reading and how to use the assessment results to inform your planning of early reading
- developed resources to support early reading
- developed your ICT skills.